Monday, October 22, 2007

Last day in Charleston, SC

We stayed in Charleston yet another day today. It was hot and humid. The 80+ degrees wouldn't be so bad if not for the humidity. It sure makes us appreciate where we live. AND, I have not had a good hair day in so long. Not only does Mike laugh at my crazy hair, it makes me laugh hysterically. Its wild and huge! I am also being eaten alive by mosquitos. I just took Lincoln out for a 4 minute bathroom walk and I have about 6 bites!

We started out our day going on the Harbor cruise of Historic Charleston. It was nice. If I have to compare, for those of you who haven't been on the east coast, the West is much better. The harbor cruise we took in Seattle a couple of years ago was so much more interesting with so many beautiful sights than anything we've seen here. Oh well. We wouldn't know unless we tried it. This trip is given us a great appreciation for the West. And still...we were on the Atlantic ocean today and NO smell? No one has given us an answer as to why there is no ocean smell?

After our cruise, we went down to Market Street to do some shopping. It was so funny because we are not used to paying for parking. So when we felt fortunate to find a parking space on one of these tiny city streets, we parked, got out of the car, and started walking to the shopping area. We were gone about 45 minutes when all of a sudden it dawned on me that we didn't put any money in the parking meter! Our hearts started racing thinking that either we were going to find a ticket on our windshield or find our car towed away! We were afraid to look as we got closer. I got there first and saw the car and no ticket. Then I went to the meter and you wouldn't believe it.....there was ONE MINUTE left on it! Apparently whoever parked there before us still had time on it and we got back with one minute to spare. Can you believe it?
We felt fortunate and hungry so we found a place called "Tbone Bar & Grill" and went for lunch. It was very good. I had a shrimp salad and it was the best shrimp I have ever had.

After shopping and our late lunch, we decided to go back home rest and get in the airconditioning. We stayed there the rest of the day. OH, and I got my e-mail fixed, finally. So feel free to e-mail! Tomorrow we'll be leaving and heading towards Florida. We'll let you know where we end up.

1 comment:

Lauri said...

Great pictures, Jer! Glad you're having fun!