Wednesday, October 24, 2007

We're in Georgia now.

We went to the beach shortly after 8:00 this morning. It was already 78 degrees. We found this other beach where you could drive right onto the beach. That was cool. We walked over to the water and I got in up to my knees. Mike had enough just at his ankles and had enough after 5 minutes. (He's not a huge ocean person.) I talked him into walking along the water (me up to my knees and him just around his feet) for about 20 minutes and then we had enough and left. The sand was so soft and the water was warm. Still, there was no "ocean smell" that we have on the Pacific. No one has been able to tell us why? Its really bothering us not knowing why.

Anyway, we packed up and left after deciding to head to Tennessee. Tonight we are about and hour and a half south of Atlanta, camped in a Walmart parking lot. When we pulled in, we noticed a BBQ place right there too! Guess what we had for dinner? Finger licking good ribs. Actually, they were "OK". The macaroni and cheese it came with was very good.

After dinner, our big night ended up with us shopping at Walmart! What a nice evening in Georgia. We finally hit rain about 5 minutes after we left our campground this morning. Then it was off and on for most of the drive north. It got scary at times.

I had Mike take a photo of my "growing hair" today. I wish I wouldn have thought about taking a picture in the past week when its really been huge. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy it. Please note that I am sitting at the table in the MH with the computer in front of me in the Walmart parking lot.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Luv the hair! Yeah.....Devyn has to shower and wet her hair EVERY night just because of her "BIG" hair! So I know what you're talking about. Glad to hear Mike "got his feet wet" at the beach. And it didn't hurt, did it, Mike?!?!?! The South is supposed to be renowned for its great ribs....I wonder why they were just "ok"? Well, have a great sight-seeing day in Tennessee!